Thursday, March 6, 2008

Mermaid Munchkin Land Mural



This picture is a 16" x 16" study painting done for a client in St. Thomas, Virgin Islands. She is opening a children's boutique on the water. She called me to ask if I would come and paint a children's mural. I, of course, agreed right away and started working on the planning.

She knows exactly what she wants - an underwater munchkin land with kid mermaids. She wants it to be cartoony and more fantasy than reality. Each mermaid is to be very different, some girls and some boys. She gave me a list of how they should be dressed and what kind of patterns their tail fins should have. A few examples are: blond haired, blue eyed boy with plaid tail, red haired, brown eyed girl with pink lace tail, red haired boy with mohawk and camouflage tail, etc....

This has been a fun project for me, so far, and I look forward to doing the mural. I will keep you posted!

No comments: