Sunday, February 3, 2008

Gray / Silver Tone Master Bedroom

An old customer called me and asked me to do some straight painting. I usually just do the specialty stuff, but I really enjoyed working in her home in the past, so I accepted. She knew exactly the style she was going for. She loved the silver & gray tones in the pictures below from this months Elle Decor magazine. So, after many trips to the paint store and several paint samples, we finally came up with the color combinations that she was happy with.



It is difficult to see, in a picture, the true outcome. Keep in mind that the walls and woodwork were white when I started. I had to start by spot sanding, priming, and then finishing with 2-3 coats of Benjamin Moore's Ebony Slate. The picture really doesn't do it justice. The entire space looks gorgeous in person.



No comments: